- November 7 through November 20, 1987
- Larry Bird opens the season with an amazing performance at Washington
- Artis Gilmore returns to Chicago (last played for the Bulls in 1982 season)
- Chicago wins its 500th game in franchise history
- The Chicago Bulls' home-sellout streak commenced
* Bird's buzzer-beater buries Bullets
* Reggie Miller, Chuck Person pace Indiana
This episode continues our coverage of the 1987-88 NBA season. If you enjoy the content, please share it with your friends! For context, here’s our 13-episode series (#NB87), exploring Michael Jordan’s third season in the NBA.
Tune in to hear this and plenty more, as we uncover some hidden gems from the NBA’s golden era.
People mentioned include Maurice Cheeks, Rory Sparrow, Dallas Comegys, Jawann Oldham, Mark Eaton, Darren Daye, Dennis Johnson, Doc Rivers, Terry Porter and Bob Ryan.
Support: Buy Adam a coffee | Amazon: USA / Australia | Audible | Booktopia | PayPal
Listen: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Overcast
Follow: Instagram | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook
Subscribe (free): NBA-history newsletter
[as an Amazon Associate / Booktopia Affiliate, Adam earns from qualifying purchases - you'll be supporting his podcast at no extra cost to you]